If you're lucky enough to own a set of Himalayan pink salt shot glasses, you know that they add a unique and elegant touch to any gathering, plus they are naturally antibacterial and 100% natural and organic!
But did you know that these glasses require special care in order to keep them looking their best?
Here are a few tips on how to care for your Himalayan pink salt shot glasses:
- Himalayan salt can last for a long time and has the ability to kill bacteria through osmosis- a process by which water comes out of bacteria that causes their death or resists their growth.
- Cleaning is as easy as rinsing with cool water before and after use. This will help to remove any residual salt or liquid from the glasses. These are not to be put in the dishwasher!
- After rinsing I recommend either wiping dry immediately or placing them upside down to dry as this will help prolong the life of your shot glass and prevent a salty brine from forming. Eventually your shot glass will become smooth with use but don’t worry they last quite a while with proper care!
- Store the glasses in a cool, dry place when not in use. Salt can attract moisture, so it's important to keep the glasses in an environment where they won't be exposed to moisture or humidity.
- Himalayan Salt is known for its tremendous mineral content, so these glass shots also contain all these trace minerals. When you pour any drink in these shot glasses, all the essential minerals get infused in the drink, increasing its nutritional value naturally, and giving it a wonderfully infused taste.
- To freshen them up, try adding lemon or lime juice, or serve with a slice of either!
- Try freezing them before use for an extra cool treat but be careful of leaving them in too long as they can potentially crack.
- The longer you leave the tequila sitting in the shot glass, the saltier it will get, so it’s totally customizable to your taste.
By following these simple care tips, you can ensure that your Himalayan pink salt shot glasses will stay looking beautiful for years to come.